Sunday, March 23, 2014

If the Glass Slipper Doesn't Fit!!!!

I've never thought of my feet as pretty...well at least not after about grade nine, when it seems I sort of actually began to grow.   I often have "foot envy" when seeing the cutest petite and oft' stubby feet on women; summer making it painfully obvious I was not gifted such visually enjoyable feet.

With a recent visit to my doctor following up on concerns for a possible outer foot "bunion", creating a new and awkward looking shape to the baby toe and along that side of right foot, a conclusive statement was verbalized.

Upon describing the pain and how I felt that outer portion of my foot presented rather oddly, my doctor said, "Yes, unfortunately you don't have great feet.".
Now I know she made this observation/comment from a medical point of view, I couldn't help but take it a little differently...personally!    I might venture to say I felt like one of Cinderella's ugly step sisters! I would not be wearing the pretty little glass slippers!
I left the appointment feeling...well, De-Feeted!!!  


** I see a Chiropodist tomorrow morning...right after seeing my own doctor again for something that happened to my left ear during our flight home from Florida.  Left ear, right foot, ...oh dear, time for a total refurbishment!   LOL!   ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Monday and the Sky is Falling

 Mondays have the same potential as any other day to be great or not so great, that's a fact.    This past Monday, no exception. Unfortu...