Friday, March 27, 2020

When you're looking for "normal"!


Well, Covid has arrived and nothing normal is about to be our new normal.   With each day it will be those little snippets of normal, generally unnoticed , that will suddenly be shreds of evidence that some kind of normal still exists.
I headed upstairs,  with great intention.   I was on a mission...once I had placed a receipt upon my office desk, I headed down the hall toward the bedrooms.   I then came to a screeching halt. I could not remember what I had come upstairs for.    Throwing my hands into the air I stepped into our bedroom and while it was just barely even noon, decided while I was there I may as well turn down our bed.    The moment I pulled back the duvet and top sheet, tada...it donned on me, I had come up specifically for a particular pillow; not in this room, but HEY...pillow!    YAY, BINGO, the memory kicked in!

That trip upstairs or all the way to the basement, then drawing a blank as to why I made the trip....that's NORMAL!    I don't think any of us will take "normal" for granted again.   Normal, which we find "boring" at times, even that crazy annoying little "normal" thing, today, it's a wonderful thing!

Grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Monday and the Sky is Falling

 Mondays have the same potential as any other day to be great or not so great, that's a fact.    This past Monday, no exception. Unfortu...