Sunday, July 31, 2011

In a Season's Embrace

Thunder is heard from afar, while the sky is bright with sunshine.   Little by little the shimmering white clouds are gently pushed aside and a deep chrome grey blankets the sky.


Upon venturing just beyond the front porch, barely can I ascertain that it is actually raining and while indeed it is only barely raining, I hear the sound of rain drops gently slipping from leaf to leaf as they fall upon the trees and below the lush green canopy!


Such a welcome sound both thunder and rain, if only briefly the heavy air enjoys some relief.   I breath it in and savour it's pleasure.  Hot heavy summer haze, be gone if only for a little spell!   Summer days and summer daze have their place in summer ways, but I can't deny my thoughts of Autumn, my desire for a crisp autumn day, made only better in the perfect comfort afforded by a favourite sweater!


I'll not be hasty in wishing the summer away when there is much yet to be enjoyed but I'll not forget what lies ahead in a painted landscape and in natures autumn fragrance.  Rain too will come then and we will be joyful in that is it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Monday and the Sky is Falling

 Mondays have the same potential as any other day to be great or not so great, that's a fact.    This past Monday, no exception. Unfortu...