Friday, December 26, 2014

Teenage Palpitations! ...And They Call it Puppy Love!

Well, one of those moments I have day dreamed about in my younger years has actually come to pass!   LOL, yes, it's true while I met and married the man I love who fills my heart there was another (young) man who made my heart swoon and whom I am certain I daydreamed of quite often as a (young) girl...Donny Osmond!    I recently met Donny and his beautiful sister Marie Osmond!   While a very brief few moments, it REALLY happened!  

It seemed a little surreal just viewing this dynamic duo from my seat as the Princes of Wales Theatre, as opposed to viewing them from the cozy comfort of my then living room at home way back in the 1970's on the new Sony Trinitron!    I owe the live experience to my In-Laws, who in seeking out a birthday gift for me back in October thought this was the ticket!    In presenting my gift my Mother-in-Law was rather concerned worrying the "ticket" may not be the thriller now it once would have been!   Well she needn't worry, though at first it didn't really seem possible or exciting because it just couldn't be, could it ...that I was going to SEE in person this gentleman who; he and all of his family, I crushed on so!   Initially I thought I would take my sister with me; also a fan, but when she felt she couldn't my darling Hubby jumped in; an evening out and a stay in the city.

The evening was fabulous!   They sure do put on a great show, both old and new material in the songs sang, photos and video shared and of course it was a Christmas show so helped get us into the spirit and oh the memories it brought back!    It was a little emotional too when finding yourself and all those around you singing along to the songs, word for word and with as much enthusiasm as you did as a young teen completely smitten with Donny (or Marie) and crushing hard!   Hubby was surprisingly enjoying it all as well; minus the "crushing" or word for word affect!   We both enjoyed it so much and the connection these two have with their audiences and make with their audience is so heartwarming.

Following the show we went 'round the corner to the backstage entrance; a little side street, where indeed the security fellow assured us they would be coming out and take a moment or two; thank heaven's to meet and greet everyone!    Hubby smiled and waited at the side of the building waving for me to go on ahead and not miss out!    I have to admit I was shaking slightly and the sometimes achy "old" feeling of my 50ish body instantly gave way to the dizzying internal feeling of being a teen at a much desired pop stars concert!    I look around me to see about 20 teens gathered; 40-60, immediately in the back stage corridor; not much room!  I notice two other teens, one actually about 19 and one in her 70's!   One fan in front of me began telling stories of seeing the Bay City Rollers and I caught myself excitedly responding with, "Exhibition Grounds!", she laughed and nodded and we both laughed in that we both were there and about almost falling from our seats in the stands; not made for standing on!    Another security fellow; working closely for Donny and Marie, steps up to the rail and in his most serious "security guy" face says, "We are going to be bringing them through very quickly and there are to be no photographs, you won't likely have time for autographs and they have a very tight schedule!"!

Oh I'm shaky and then....OMG, Donny emerges into the street and oh my that SMiLe there it ...there he is!   He's beautiful!   LOL, I am 9 years old again; that's when I sent them a photo of me playing the drums!    He touches hands, accepts booklets to sign and suddenly takes mine, "Merry Christmas Donny!", he looks right at me, "Merry Christmas", and in handing back my book touches my hand.   He has touched my hand, the "girl" next to me and I giggle and smile, a long awaited moment fulfilled!     Donny continues to his ride waiting and is quickly ushered to the care, but a young lady darts out AND gets a great selfie with him and then he is gone!   When I  suddenly feel the onset of (very strong) "JEALOUS", I remind myself what a lovely few moments I was just given.  I already have more than most to be so grateful for.
Marie comes out moments after Donny has left and she is so lovely; as beautiful as "Seen on TV" and in her personality!    She talks with everyone and I wish her a Merry Christmas and she returns the sentiment and then she is signing books, sharing photos from her cell phone and then she too is whisked away!    BIG Smiles as I go 'round the corner to return to my hubby and give him a big hug and he smiles back and says, "You won't want to wash that hand tonight will you!", and I say "No" and laugh.   Another great moment for 2014!   We take each others hand and head back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Monday and the Sky is Falling

 Mondays have the same potential as any other day to be great or not so great, that's a fact.    This past Monday, no exception. Unfortu...