Saturday, September 10, 2016

Bra-vo!...or Not!


I don't think I've ever carried my cell phone in my bra; well perhaps once.   It just seems awkward and not very practical; especially if you are a furnace most of the time.   It's been pointed out that should you pack your phone there, you may incur damage due to sweating.   OK, honestly this past two weeks I haven't carried anything in my bra, not even the intended cargo. It's true, circumstances of recent have necessitated a more liberal approach to my wardrobe choices and I've been braless!

Today I worked hard at choosing what to wear, taking into consideration the heat I am carrying with the "medical affliction" and the HEAT I am producing via my other ongoing affliction and in considering the continuing saga that is the weather theme of Summer of 2016!   I finally settled on a dress I have enjoyed a few times and the upper styling is similar to that of the good ol' Swiss Chalet uniforms for the lucky lady servers back in the day!    Without a bra however it seems to create an obvious display of cleavage!   Not really me, but I have to be more concerned with comfort, especially when I am barely straying from the house.  That's settled!  I carry on with my day.  I am sorting through our music collection and realize I have some cassettes I haven't enjoyed in a very long time and head upstairs to fold laundry.

Our daughter pops in after work and gives me a once over and a smirk as she finds me upstairs  donning ear buds and singing my heart out to some tunes from my past glory days.    She says, "What's that?"
"Oh, " I say smiling back, "It's a walkman!"
"Um, don't you have an ipod you could use, or isn't there a clasp?" she replies.
"No clasp, it broke and I do, but I'm not sure where it is and today I found these old cassettes!".
She just looks at me and with almost a laugh and definitely smirking, she carries on.

I want to mention to her, ya' it's just like the cell phone thing!   I get it, sort of.   Either way, it's holstered!

P.S:
When I return to "society" I will be holstering everything else once again!
BTW, I dont' really see menopause as an affliction, it just feels like it at times!   I beg for your understanding.

2 comments:

  1. I love your humour. Totally with you sister as far as the holsters.

    ReplyDelete

It's Monday and the Sky is Falling

 Mondays have the same potential as any other day to be great or not so great, that's a fact.    This past Monday, no exception. Unfortu...