Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Monday, the new Wednesday!

I recall; to some degree, many years ago when downtown on a Wednesday one would find a good portion of the shops closed at noon.    It wasn't odd, it didn't seem out of the question, it was just the way it was.

Just this past Monday I was downtown and found many of the shops closed for the day.    My first thought was that somehow I was confused and had not paid attention to what day it was.   Then as I checked a store schedule on their door, it came to me it was in fact Monday.

I understand perhaps Mondays are not a very busy day and especially when most shops are now open on Sundays.   I don't blame shops one bit.    If Mondays are in fact a very slow day that would in turn make for very long hours for those working.   A busy day has a tendency to go by very quickly and a slow day passes very slowly; that for just about any field of work.

While some may not like changes as they come and go among our businesses, we all know change is just a part of life.    Running a business is a 24/7 kind of enterprise and one always has to be on their toes, growing and changing with the times, balancing life/family with demands and following trends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Monday and the Sky is Falling

 Mondays have the same potential as any other day to be great or not so great, that's a fact.    This past Monday, no exception. Unfortu...