Friday, June 8, 2012

Lovin' my Doctor...MRI...and this is me, really impressed! Day 113

Well, today I had a really really good surprise call~ from my family physician. She was kind enough to have called even after the clinic was actually closed, to give me tests results I would otherwise be waiting for next week.
The medical secretary had actually called our home from the doctor's office as they were closing. When I wasn't home they were asking that John have me call on Monday. John said just a few minutes later she; my doctor, called for me and he gave her my number at work.
I was a little taken aback when she called as I knew she would not have had my work number and of course it worried me as to why she would then be calling me at work. No matter how I have tried to assure myself the results would be the lesser of the two possibilites, I couldn't help but think about the possibility of the other.
I am so very lucky and thankful to have my doctor call.    She is such a caring and thoughtful doctor and said she wanted me to enjoy my weekend even more knowing the MRI results showed no metastatic disease, meaning the melanoma had NOT spread to the liver. The spots which showed up on the CT Scan were what is known as "Hemangioma's".
These are benign tumours, small masses of blood vessels which any of us may have but will likely never know unless we happen to be having various scans done. There are no symptoms and they are harmless.
I am sending her flowers next week, she has been absolutely wonderful in all of this new adventure, very thorough and most understanding in knowing the emotional toll so much waiting can take on one and how much I would appreciate having test results the moment she knows.
In a very difficult time in my life having a wonderful doctor on your side is extremely helpful in reassuring yourself as well as others, it's going to be o.k.! :o)
Of course there is more ahead, the adjuvant treatment plan, etc., but I feel so much better having this most recent very weighty test result resolved and no matter what comes, feel a little stronger already.  
Good night all! xo

1 comment:

It's Monday and the Sky is Falling

 Mondays have the same potential as any other day to be great or not so great, that's a fact.    This past Monday, no exception. Unfortu...