Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 11 - The Terrible Whatzit...a good name for many things!



‎"Perhaps strength doesn’t reside in having never been broken, but in the courage required to grow strong in the broken places."


Today has been a wonderful day in that there was no agenda and lent itself to some lovely lazy day Sunday sort of activity. Aside from going to check on a friends cat; the family is away, I went nowhere. I played a couple of very intense, fast paced rounds of scrabble with a fellow fb friend. My competitiveness came through in keeping up to his quick thinking even in the most difficult word scenarios. I took a nap between rounds and that was a very good thing. Apparently I needed it.


Today I have told a couple of friends online, most of whom I know well. One fb friend I have never met, but she is a friend to our younger son having met him when he worked in a high end furnishings store. They have remained in touch and she seems a lovely person and we have made a pact to get together. I mentioned to her as well somehow it does seem easier to bear all that this melanoma entails, the infliction itself, the waiting for procedures, etc. when you have such wonderful people around you for support. It's much less a scary beast and with that have been making reference to a story I used to read to my children, "Harry and the Terrible Whatsit"; Dick Gackenbach.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Monday and the Sky is Falling

 Mondays have the same potential as any other day to be great or not so great, that's a fact.    This past Monday, no exception. Unfortu...