Saturday, February 25, 2012

Day 5 - One Ringy Dingy...Two Ringy Dingy...

It's a lay low kind of day, well...all phone calls aside.   Each of my sister's now knows and with each person knowing it's like having put a safety net in place keeping in mind the very slight possibility that in the end following surgery and the results I may need that safety net, or cocoon around me to help.   I am thinking positive. I managed to keep it pretty together in telling each sister, with only tiny snippits of choking back tears or gathering myself following a brief "takeover" by those powerful and persistent emotions.
I only need tell my brother now, when it comes to letting family know and then one day at a time and sharing when a moment allows and seems appropriate.
Between calls with/from my sister's  I have taken on an organizing task in the little back room; computer room and find satisfaction in doing that as well as knowing tomorrow will be a get out of the house day.  I'm going to need it.
Dinner tonight was the Three Fondue Buffet; quite possibly inspired by a recent brief stop at the Ontario Early Years one evening to drop off a package to the staff there, it was a special night out for centre Moms and they were all gathered 'round a rather delicious looking spread of food!   Spread out in a feast-like manner Swiss cheese and crusty loaf, Beef, and chocolate fondue with blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, and pineapple and wine adorned our dinner table.  One must celebrate the numbing factor of wine and in my case it only takes just a little more than one glass!
Overall the tears did flow less again today.   A good night and I'm exhausted  and am certain to find sleep without labouring at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bibbity, Bobbity, Boobs please!

Apparently my Fairy Godmother never appeared, no bibbity bobbity here, never to grant those wishes I may have lust for in my youth, and perh...